Against wheellessness

Grundtner bicycles since 1904

A bike shop with history...

Raimund Graf laid the foundation stone in 1904. He ran a metalworking shop and was fascinated by all kinds of two-wheelers. His enthusiasm was passed on to his stepson Wilhelm Grundtner, who took over the business in 1924.

At the end of the 1950s, the metalworking shop moved to Neualm and Wilfried Grundtner Sr., who took over the business in the 1960s, expanded the range to include mopeds and mopeds. As a passionate cyclist, he was actively involved in the expansion of the Salzach cycle paths and rode his bike until he was 91.

In 1986 his son, Wilfried Grundtner junior, took over the business and began importing steel racing bikes from Italy: Pinarello, Basso, deRosa, Polighiaghi but also Eddy Merckx, Vitus, Mecacycle are just a few of the prominent frame builders. Almost at the same time, the first mountain bikes came from America, getting easily up the mountain with a bike triggered a bicycle boom not only in Hallein, but throughout Europe.

Our efforts have always been to maintain, refresh and strengthen this enthusiasm for the two-wheeler, whether as a means of transport in everyday life, as a piece of sports equipment or as a collector's item.

For more than 118 years, the fascination for bicycles has been the driving force of our bicycle shop, a traditional business that, despite its far-reaching roots, always keeps an eye on the future.